(from Lewis, 1848, Vol 2, p.603)
IDRIDGEHAY. With Allton, a township, in the parish of Wirksworth, union of Belper, hundred of Appletree, southern division of the county of Derby, 3 1/2 miles south from Wirksworth; containing 194 inhabitants [in 1848]. Idridgehay comprises 517 acres of fertile land, and Allton 475 acres, both lying on the Derby and Wirksworth road. There are some good residences, commanding beautiful views; among them are Ecclesburn, named from a rivulet that flows in the vicinity, and Allton Manor House, recently erected, of stone procured on the estate. The tithes of the township were commuted in 1844, when 154 pounds were apportioned to the impropriator, and 7 pounds to the vicar of Wirksworth.